Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Hey Folks..close to one year since I wrote in here and I think my blog might have gotten around to missing me sometime at least. Not that my life has been uneventful or anything like that, in fact, it's been quite on the contrary actually..running like never before..the million assignments and exams and presentations (not really a million but those who know about Saggi exaggerations..will understand?..:-)..Wrote a couple of poems, a trifle abstract and complex and both incidentally during two boring MBA lectures( with due apologies to my profs if they're reading this too)..and a lot of mails too (God save those who got them though but I thought they asked for it..but if God's watching..here comes my apology..:-)..sorry dudes..) and I think I'll come up with some glossary kinda manual to help my readers read my stuff..which include some million highly customised short-forms and abbreviations n I know the pain ppl go thru to understand them..;-). Also on the cards is this book I'm planning to write on y experiences in Mumbai..aptly to be titled as "Of Bhelpuri and Vada Pav"...or something similar. Suggestions are of course welcome..

But right now, a brief intro to wht I am about to write. For those who've missed out the action in my life, I'm right now in Mumbai, doing my summer training in an esteemed company (I think the name's to be kept a secret..as per professional standards or something!!). I have this bunch of people who are with me from the elite B-Schools in India and who thankfully are not the obnoxious and snobbish kinds. rather, they are these enthusiasitc and awesomely funny chaps and chappettes (sorry Wren n Martin..but had to invent a word..!) and what I am about to do is this. Attach a list of some e-mails that were exchanged by two of us over our yahoogroup..just for kicks..nothing serious and nothing important. But worth a good laugh, especially if you are familiar with the Mumbaiya language and stuff..thought it might just make you smile a lil..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[MY FIRST MAIL TO THE EGROUP]
Hi Budds..

So I AM added onto the grp..except tht cudn't chk this deluge of mails in the beautfiul scenic slums tht I've been visitin since last evenin.. n hence dear DJ's req to Shri Ram..
The latest frm this side of the world:

Our Prabhu's gone visitin the kem-ccho land..an a lot of "Gujarat ki Kudis" wud be makin it to his "I Hate" list..which in case u didn't know is his bestseller countdown..

The Seth gal is all wild(with anger..) n lonesome tonight..toDAY
actually..without her guide n sub-guide..ohGod..she's even started
hummin.."sara sara din tum kaam karoge toh pyaar kab karoge.." Sara...r u listenin..this cud be for u too...makes me go all hmm-umm..

An of course the Harappa dude..wht an original n profound name I must say..for wht else cud fit hisa kinda specimen..except the first civilisations of the world..though "pandu neanderthal" wud be more befittin..kya bolta hai public log..;-)...??

Guess all of u must have gotten into the groove..for May 12 is the D-Day..to get laid..in the grave baba..wht were u thinkin, gotta keep up the stds out here...oh boy, wht a public floggin bef tht sumptuous lunch..ever heard of "bali ke baad bhojan"..feel it then..

Whassup at the Gurukool room yonder? Roadrash n NFS in full swing uh? I, on behalf of my dear grp here would like to extend an..oh hell..drop in netime palz..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[REPLY FROM A certain Mr. D J]
hey wht is this going on ... this girl is coming from slums and talking all bad
bad things ??wht is this ?? STD and gettin laid and all ... wht is this
nonsense ... this is a attack on indian culture and all ... we must stop this at once
,,,
so says :"angry ganesen"

cool babe dudes ... so says "hygiene harappa "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[REPLY FROM ME AGAIN]

Hey..watt is the piroblem appa..just tryin to get ppl loaf a lil, esmail a lil..ande u arr malainin my good name..u "bina chhat ke building" (courtesy govinda).."bina pani ka nal"..bina..grr..bina alu ke vada-pav(this HAS to be courtesy me only...vada pav..mmm..)..u just kip kwiet n donn't espeek about my dear dharavi..emosional kar deta hai apun ko..very deep effect it has had on me in this lil time..most strong on my languaje..I saw "hotel deleicius" and "favorit restaurant" and wht not..c wht this has don to my inglis..pttcch..am so praud of being an Indian u know..kharach Bharatiya..wht up you will do holding of Indian culchur bhau.. u can't even hold up your guide's tame..

No ophences meant to any human being, alive or dead (the latter meant Wren n Martin n Milton n Shakesspeare n the kinds..the alive..of course no prizes for guessin..)

N fr those who r way-way confused by my mails, pls feel free to mail me
for further clarifications..till our 12-hr helpline gets workin..;-)...

Cheers..(if only I had a peg to add the "natural touch"..)

Soum
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[D J AT IT AGAIN]

dear beloved ,
we r again gathered here this time to celebrate the renaming of dharavi slums as "Soum - Vihar" alias "the earth that bore her weight" ... from now on we would treat this location as a national heritage site under the protection of ASI (archilogical survey of india ..for the uninitiated ...) and SHRIMATI SOUMYA herself .. we would be arranging buses for pilgrims who would like to visit the site where "Her Highness" set foot from the "DHABA" (another smaller holy site where "Her Highness" visits regularly and causes miracles like sudden
disapperence of all food and the manager hides out of fear .. )... all those interested should mail her immideatly

yours truly ,
haklu halwaai
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you understood bits and pieces and hope there was at least a sligh chilling out of your nerves and a slight relaxing of your grey cells!!

Shall try to be back with my poems a lil later..Have a great life.

Soumya....
"Those who said money can't buy happiness, didn't know where to shop"

No comments: